domenica 14 novembre 2010

Sunday - Breakfast

Why Sunday breakfast?

Well, there only one day a week (or maybe two) when I really eat a proper breakfast, sitting down, enjoying the morning, getting ready for the day.. and that’s Sunday.

Every week I will try to take a picture of what has been devoured this time and maybe share some recipes.

I have a list of the sweetest things I want to bake and I know that if I don’t “have to” write a post about it, I should always find an excuse not to try them out.

And if I dream of opening a bakery, I have to bake on!

So, let’s start with..


Oat cinnamon cookies (they looked great, didn't they? Until..)


I love oats and I love cookies which are not too sugary and I adore cinnamon, so what better than these cookies. There were a semi-fail because the oven I have here is, I don't know why, I son't know how, hotter that the one I have home, at the same temperature. I rally don't understand those things. But. They "browned" a bit more on the edges and sticked together (I had to cut them). Shall we call it fail insted of semi-fail?
But they were yummy and I gave Roberto a huge box with the ones we left. So he has cookies for this week ^^.
I found the recipe here and used less sugar and no lemon zest because I didn't have. So here's my version:
Ingredients.
250 gr oats (8,8 oz)
50 gr almonds (chopped)
100 gr sugar (3,5 oz)
100 gr butter (3,5 oz), softened
2 eggs
2 teaspoons cinnamon
8 gr baking powder



In a large bowl combine oats, almonds, sugar and softened butter.
Add the two eggs and the cinnamon and at last add baking powder.
Knead the dough with your hands until the ingredients will be well blended.
Make a lot of small dough balls (around 15 gr each, 0,5 oz) and place them on a baking tray covered with baking parchment at a huuuuge distance one from the other because I did it and they melted anyway until meeting eachother in a big mess.
Place in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 °C (360 F).



(insert saaad face here ) =(

That was not the best beginning for a new section in this blog, but I hope you'll enjoy my disadventures.
Have a great sunday!

Juliette

1 commento: