domenica 4 aprile 2010

Happy Easter!! (today's recipe: Meringues)



Hey, hallo!!
Happy Easter to you all!!
I think I've eaten too much candy/chocolate/eggs, etc


For Easter I thought it would be nice to make some candies for a couple of friends and my parent's friends.
Seeing that I associate Easter with pastel colors I thought of making Meringues.
So I just looked for the ingredients and made lots and lots of them.


Meringues

Ingredients:

Makes really a lot of meringues, if you want to make just a few, you can divide.

100 grams egg whites
100 grams sugar
100 grams powdered sugar, sifted



Beat the eggwhites in a bowl until stiff.
While whisking, add the granulated sugar slowly.
Stop the mixer and add the powdered sugar with a wooden spoon, slowly and gently.
If you want to give it a pastel color, or other colors, add the food colouring (as you can see I made 5 different colors).


Put the meringues in a pastry bag and pipe little meringues on baking parchment.
Place it in the oven (preheated at approximately 80°C) for about 10 minutes or until they are dry and you can easily pick them out of the oven from the parchment.
Let them dry for another 15 minutes (because they could still be wet in the inside).
Et voilà, very easly and very quickly done. I think it's a good idea for a little gift.



I hope you are enjoying thi Easter, I definitely did it!


HappyFroggy

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento