giovedì 11 novembre 2010

Tuscan Bean and Pasta Soup - Delia

I receive a fantastic book by my parents' friends a couple of years ago. It's Delia's Vegetarian Collection by Delia Smith and there are many many interesting recipes divided in sections, such as Main Dishes and Salads, Eggs, Soups, Desserts and so on. I have had the book for several years and used it only two or three times, I definitely have to improve this.

Roberto and I tried the Tuscan Bean and Pasta Soup which we changed a bit only because I am a bit absent-minded and because we bought whole wheat pasta. So here's the recipe we made (I found the picture on Internet because I forgot to take one).

Tuscan Bean and Pasta Soup



Ingredients (for 4 persons)

250 g (8,8 ounces) canned borlotti beans (on the book in was dried, but the times were much longer)

2 TBS olive oil

1 big onion

2 cloves of garlic

2 1/2 TBS tomato extract

1 TBS rosemary

300 cl (I think 3 cups) vegetable stock

100 gr (3.5 oz) whole wheat maccheroni (In english it's macaroni pasta right?)

salt and pepper


Directions

Brown the onion and the garlic in a pot.

Make the vegetable stock with a stock-dice and water.

Add tomato extract, beans, rosemary to the onion and garlic.

Stir and add the stock, too. Stir.

Add the maccheroniand let cook for 12 minutes.

Serve with grated cheese (if you're not vegan) and croutons.


Buon Appetito!

Juliette

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento