It's a savory tart, typical of the area where my parents live. I have always loved it, it's healthy, easy (I didn't think so until friday) and tremendously yummy!
Sidenote which may sound bizzarre: I have always told Roberto that whenever I'll be pregnant, and have pragnacy cravings, well, I am sure I will crave Torta verde. I know it's early and such, but it's just a small premonition.
700 gr zucchini cut in small pieces(boiled)
1 browned onion
300 gr canned peas
5-10 leaves chard cut in small pieces (boiled)
1 cup rice
100 gr grated cheese
For the dough
- Cook the rice for 5 minutes (only)
- Meanwhile make a dough with these three basic ingredients, you'll know when the dough will be ok. You have just to keep in mink that you will have to roll it out in a very thin layer.
- Roll the dough out and place it in a baking pan so that a part of the dough will be left, just let it hang outside, later you will use it to cover the tart's filling.
- Boil the zucchini and the chard.
- Brown the onion in a skillet and add the peas.
- In a large bowl combine zucchini, chard, onion and peas.
- Add grated cheese, eggs, salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 200 °C (390 F)
- Pour the mixture in the baking pan and cover it with the abovementioned remaining dough.
- Make lots of small holes in the dough with a fork.
- Put in the oven for 35 minutes, check if the mixture is firm and the dough begins to brown.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
I am going beck to my boring books for a while.
Bye for now!