martedì 5 ottobre 2010

Muesli Scones

When Roberto and I were in Leiden (Holland) we went to a small local market.
It was a heaven for me, and even more for Roberto, because he loves to discover new cultures and traditions (my traditions! ^^).
We found so many nice stands, with cheeses, bread, veggies, so many flavours and different people.



I just love Holland.
(and I miss it).

Well, at one stand we bought a "Mueslibolletje" which Roberto doesn0t fail to mention at least once a day. I loved it too, I love muesli, so I tried to make up a recipe for the mueslibolletjes, which became more "Muesli scones" because of their shape.

I swear he was writing down everything he loved of the city, just to remind himself why he decided to study Dutch with a teacher like me.

Muesli (Granola) scones

Ingredients.
2 eggs
200 ml milk
2 cups wholemeal flour (250 gr +-)
1/3 cup sugar (65 gr +-)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
85 gr margarine, cut into cubes
3 cups muesli (granola)

Directions.

  • Preheat the oven at 200°C (400 F).
  • In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
  • In a smaller bowl whisk one egg and 100 ml milk.
  • Add the egg and milk mixture to the larger bowl and add the margarine.
  • Knead the dough and add the muesli.
  • Divide te dough into some trangles (I made 5 of them).
  • Place onto a baking sheet.
  • Beat the second egg with the remaining milk and brush it on your scones.
  • Bake for 25 minutes.

I must say they turned out great. I am looking forward to making them again, but I have so many things on my "to bake" list.

Have a nice evening!

Juliette






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento