mercoledì 26 maggio 2010

Smarties Cookies.




It has been so sunny here in Italy, lately. Summer is finally here!
And summer to me means: Colours!
Having to bake something for my mother's friends I thought it would be nice if I made something easy, quick and colorful.
So, I chose this easy recipe from Sophistimom, and changed it a little to make Smarties Cookies.
I think my mother's friends of Joga will appreciate it after a one-day long Joga lesson.



Smarties Cookies.

375 g all-purpose flour
180 g unsalted butter, room temperature
350 g sugar
2 eggs
10 g vanilla extract
3 small packages of Smarties (I think they were 50 g each)
a pinch of salt

Preheat the oven at 190 °C.
Beat he butter until fluffy.
Add the sugar slowly, until well blended.
Add eggs and vanilla extract.
Slowly add the flour and the salt.
With a tablespoon place little amounts of dough on the parchment paper, place them at some distance because they will expand in the oven.
Then press the dough a little with a glass (I used a coaster, I recommend to put some flour on it, in order not to make it stick ), and press some smarties on it.
Place the cookies in the oven for about 12 minutes.
Let them cool before moving them from the parchment paper.

Voilà!
Going back to the books, and to the sun!
Bye!
HappyFroggy

3 commenti:

  1. Have you seen the film Julie and Julia? It's about a girl having a cooking blog... :) I think it's a nice film. The blog it's about really exists.

    RispondiElimina
  2. I've seen it! And the feeling I have it's the same. When I read "1 comment" I'm like "yuppieeeeeee" and then.. it's my mother! Sometimes I feel as the youngest girl in the film. But I think there misses something.. I won't be famous XD

    RispondiElimina
  3. I love smarties cookies! I used to have them often as a kid but haven't had any for a long time. Thanks for reminding me about them. :) And, I definitely like there bright cheerfulness. :)

    RispondiElimina