I asked my boyfriend what he wants to eat for his birthday, yesterday (it's at the end of february, so I have time, but I will have a lot of things to do next week and then I'll go to Berlin, so..it's never too early).
He said Lasagne. So I thought it would be nice if I gave it a try first, because I never made them before.
It took a long time, but they were delicious!
You will need to begin about 4 hours before dinner (or lunch, or whenever you want to eat it).
(for 4 persons)
250 g Lasagne
150 g Parmesan Cheese
500g white sauce / béscamel
for the ragù:
125 ml bouillon
25 g butter
250 g mince beef
1/2 glass milk
125 ml tomato strain
4 tbs olive oil
1/2 glass red wine
First of all you make the ragù (so it's called here, probably in english it'll be "ragout"):
- Make the bouillon.
- Mince celery, onion and carrot.
- Put the butter and the oil in a big pan, let them heat, and put the minced celery, onion and
carrot in the pan.
- After a few minutes add the meat. Let it cook on a high heat and mix.
- After another few minutes put the wine into the mix and let it evaporate.
- Add bouillon, tomato strain, milk, pepper and salt.
- Let it cook for at least 2 hours (I left it for almost 3), capped. (mix now and then)
When the ragù is ready:
- Preheat the oven at 160 °C.
- Butter a baking tin.
- Begin to assemble the lasagne like in the photos.
- Spread out a layer of ragù .
- Put 2 (or more) pieces of lasagna on the layer ragù (! don't leave too many space between
them, you can also cut them).
- Put a layer of white sauce on the pasta, then ragù, parmesan cheese and pasta.
- So on for 4 times (more or less).
- On the top after a layer of lasagna, mix a bit of ragù with white sauce, and then add parmesan
cheese to make the top crispy.
(last pictures from here)
Put into the oven for 50-60 minutes.
When you take it out from the oven, let cool for 10-15 minutes (It's important because it gives stability to the lasagne.
(thanks to giallozafferano.it =)
Enjoy your meal.